- Ambrose Alli University – LL.B, 2005
Nigerian Law School – BL, 2007
University of Aberdeen – LLM (Energy and Environmental Law, 2018)
Jumbo Festus, Esq - Deputy Head of Chambers
Jumbo joined the firm in 2007 and has been regularly involved in the firm’s litigation, legal advisory and regulatory compliance practice with particular expertise in Energy and Environmental Law, Privatization, Arbitration and Commercial Litigation.
A professional negotiator and mediator, with experience representing Nigeria in the Aluminum Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON) privatization dispute.
A distinguished solicitor with certifications from the Securities and Exchange Commission as a Capital Market Solicitor Jumbo has advised on matters of regulatory compliance and corporate governance, and has also represented regulatory agencies including the Central Bank of Nigeria in litigations arising from the exercise of their regulatory functions.
- Advised a Corporate client in the Oil and Gas sector on recovery of funds payable to the Client in respect of its investments in a joint venture partnership over an Oil Mining Lease.
- Advised a key player in the implementation of the Nigerian Integrated Power Project (NIPP) on the framework for gas availability to power generating plants.
- Advised a strategic investor in the energy sector on its proposed project for development of electric power infrastructure in conjunction with its foreign technical partners, the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
- Contributed to the drafting of the Enforcement Regulations and Enforcement Guidelines for use in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI).
- Advised a major print media company in the financing and acquisition of its ultra modern equipment.
- Represented a client before the before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) in respect of a dispute arising from the privatisation of an aluminium smelter company in Nigeria.
- Advised regulatory bodies on sanctioning for breaches on of the relevant codes of corporate governance.
- Acted in matters involving claims for damages resulting from by oil spillage.
- Advised an aviation handling company in connection with its proposed business expansion involving foreign direct investments in several African countries
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
Member, Capital Markets Solicitors Association
Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators