Jumbo joined the firm in 2007 and has been regularly involved in the firm’s litigation, legal advisory and regulatory compliance practice. A professional negotiator and mediator, he has particular expertise in Energy and Environmental Law, Privatization, Arbitration and Commercial Litigation. He was on the team of lawyers representing Nigeria in the Arbitration in respect of a dispute arising from the Privatization of Aluminum Smelter Company of Nigeria (ALSCON).
A Capital Market Solicitor Certified by the Securities and Exchange Commission as a Compliance Officer, has advised on matters of regulatory compliance and corporate governance, and has also represented regulatory agencies including the Central Bank of Nigeria in litigations arising from exercise of their regulatory functions.
- Advised a Corporate Client in the Oil and Gas sector on recovery of funds payable to the Client in respect of its investments in a joint venture partnership over an Oil Mining Lease.
- Advised a key player in the implimentation of the Nigerian Integrated Power Project (NIPP) as one of the Legal Advisers for the negotiation and documentation a framework for gas availability to power generating plants including drafting and supervision of gas supply and purchase agreements as well as gas transportation agreements.
- Advised an investor in the energy sector to advise on its proposed project for development of electric power infrastructure its foreign technical partners, the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
- Was part of the team of Consultants on the drafting of Enforcement Regulations and Enforcement Guidelines for use in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI), which required an in-depth assessment and evaluation of the workings of the electricity industry.
- Advised a major print media company in the acquisition of its ultra modern equipments.
- Was part of the team of Counsel in an arbitration before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) in respect of a dispute arising from the privatisation of an aluminium smelter company in Nigeria.
- Advised on sanctions by a financial reporting authority in Nigeria on a commercial bank and its directors for breach of a code of corporate governance.
- Has acted in matters involving claims for damages resulting from by oil spillage.
- Advised an aviation handling company in connection with its proposed business expansion involving foreign direct investments in several African countries
Ambrose Alli University – LL.B, 2005
Nigerian Law School – BL, 2007
University of Aberdeen – LLM (Energy and Environmental Law, 2018
Called to the Nigerian Bar, 2007
Honours and Membership of Professional Associations
Member, Nigerian Bar Association
Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
Member, Capital Markets Solicitors Association
Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators