Mr. Gbashima joined the firm in 2007 after two years of post-call practice experience, and has been engaged in the firm’s practice areas and services with a particular bias for litigation.
He has acted for numerous clients in election petitions and pre-election matters. He also represents clients before Courts in disputes arising from commercial transactions, pre-election and post election processes, tax and the public revenue. He has also advised clients on matters of regulatory compliance.
He is a Capital Market Consultant Certified by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria.
- Has acted as Counsel in several election petitions and pre-election matters.
- Was part of the team of Counsel in an arbitration before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) in respect of a dispute arising from the privatisation of an aluminium smelter company in Nigeria.
- Advised a Client on a tripartite agreement for the development of Power Infrastructure in designated locations in Nigeria.
- Represented a client in a matter involving enforcement of an Arbitral Award in dispute arising from a concession agreement for the construction of an Airport Terminal.
- Represented a client in a suit challenging the validity of the exercise of regulatory powers in the electricity sector regarding an allegation of breach of obligations under a Barge Power Purchase Agreement.’
- Represented a multinational oil company in a suit related to gas flaring before the Federal High Court.
Benue State University – LL.B (2004)
Nigerian Law School – BL, (2005)
Nasarawa State University – LLM, Mining and Minerals Law, (in view)
Called to the Nigerian Bar, 2005
Membership of Professional Associations
Member, Nigerian Bar Association
Member, Capital Markets Solicitors Association